Possible Future Exam Questions
August 13, 2018
The exam questions are analysed in greater detail in my book How to get an A Grade and also samples fully marked can be found in the peped book Model Essays both available in the peped shop. Notice that the exam questions cited below from the specimen paper 2016 and the actual paper of 2018 cannot be asked in this form again. In other words the same theme may be taken, but not with this precise wording. In fact these two questions are really the same question framed from two different sides of the debate.
“Ethical terms are meaningless’. Specimen paper 2016
“Good is meaningful”. Discuss OCR paper H573/2 June 2018
- “The meaning of the word ‘good’ is the defining question in the study of ethics”. Discuss
- Critically consider whether ethical terms such as good, bad, right and wrong have an objective factual basis that makes them true or false.
- “Ethical statements are merely an expression of an emotion”. Discuss
- Evaluate the view that ethical statements are meaningless.
- “People know what’s right or wrong by a common sense intuition”. Discuss
- Critically contrast the views of intuitionists and emotivists on the origin and meaning of ethical statements.