Possible Future Exam Questions
August 13, 2018
The exam questions are analysed in greater detail in my book How to get an A Grade and also samples fully marked can be found in the peped book Model Essays both available in the peped shop. Notice that the exam questions cited below from the specimen paper 2016 and the actual paper of 2018 cannot be asked in this form again. In other words the same theme may be taken, but not with this precise wording. In fact these two questions are really the same question framed from two different sides of the debate.
“Conscience is just the superego”. Discuss. Specimen paper 2016
Evaluate Aquinas’ theological approach to conscience. OCR Paper H573/2 June 2018
Possible future questions:
- Critically evaluate the theories of conscience of Aquinas and Freud.
- “Conscience is given by God, not formed by childhood experience”. Critically evaluate this view with reference to Freud and Aquinas.
- “Conscience is a product of culture, environment, genetic predisposition and education” . Discuss
- “Conscience is another word for irrational feelings of guilt”. Discuss
- “Freud’s theory of conscience has no scientific basis. It is merely hypothesis”. Discuss
- ’Guilt feelings are induced by social relationships as a method of control”. Discuss
- Is Conscience linked to, or separate from, reason and the unconscious mind?