Possible Exam Questions
August 10, 2018
Here is a set of possible exam questions you could face. For guidance on how to write essays, try my book How to Write Philosophical Essays available in the peped shop. Model essays are also available in book form. Remember to apply utilitarian ethics to issues in business ethics (such as duties to stakeholders, whistleblowing and concern for the environment) and issues surrounding sexual ethics for the full GCE A level. What happens in utilitarian ethics when you believe your actions will never be made public?
- To what extent, if any, is Utilitarianism a useful theory for approaching moral decisions in life?
- Utilitarianism provides a helpful method of moral decision making. Discuss
- “The application of the greatest happiness principle in specific situations is not a sufficient guide to the good action”. Discuss
- “Pleasure is not quantifiable”. Discuss
- To what extent does utilitarian ethics provide a useful guide to issues surrounding business ethics?
- Evaluate the view that utilitarianism does not provide a helpful way of solving moral dilemmas.