Possible Exam Questions
August 4, 2018
Here is a list of possible exam questions for H573/1 section of the specification, using the guidance in the specification and the trigger words (command words like ‘discuss’) which OCR has indicated will appear. If you prepare these questions thoroughly it is highly likely the exam questions will be very similar to one of these. If you’re struggling to master a philosophical way of writing essays, my book How to Write Philosophical Essays (available in the peped shop) explains how to do this. If you need a tutor for this course, please email me email@example.com. You can also buy an essay-marking credit from the shop, send us your essay, and we will heavily mark it fully justifying the level and grade given.PB
Classical Religious Language
- To what extent is the Via Negativa the only way to talk about God?
- Evaluate the claim that analogy can successfully be used to express the human understanding of God.
- Critically assess the views of Paul Tillich on religious language.
Religious Language – Twentieth Century Approaches
- Critically assess Wittgenstein’s belief that language games allow religious statements to have meaning.
- The falsification principle presents no real challenge to religious belief. Discuss
- Critically assess the claim that religious language is meaningless.