Possible Exam Questions
November 9, 2018
The following question was asked in the sample paper 2017. As it cannot recur in this exact form again, we haven’t included it in our list of possible future questions – but there is a very similar one (Q2) to practise. Notice also that wherever a specific Bible text is mentioned (see Q4 below) you need to practise writing an answer with this passage specifically mentioned – and think how you would interpret the passage.
“Hell is an idea not a place”. Discuss. (40 marks)
Here is our list of possible future questions to practise.
- To what extent can belief in the existence of purgatory be justified?o practise writing an snwer which spec
- “Heaven is not a place but a state of mind.” Discuss.
- “Without the reward of Heaven Christians would not behave well.” Discuss
- To what extent is the Parable of the Sheep and the Goats in Matthew 25 only about Heaven and Hell?
- Assess the view that there is no last judgement; each person is judged by God at the moment of their death.
- “Purgatory is the most important Christian teaching about the afterlife.” Discuss.